Cool, Free, Permaculture Documentaries, e-books, and podcasts to get your appetite hungering for more.
With only about 5 weeks until our PDC with John Champagne, Tierney Woods and Alan Charlton begins on 22 August. Here is an assortment of basic, FREE Permaculture resources to get you into the mood. The first two e-books are by the founders of the Permaculture movement, David Holmgren and Bill Mollison.
There is so much to learn about in the Permaculture and the Regenerative Agriculture Movement these days. This list is great for beginners and passionate ‘permies’ alike. All of the books, podcasts and documentaries provide an interesting introduction to this new way of looking at land and community project management.
- Permaculture: The Essence by David Holmgren (e-book)
- Intro to Permaculture Pamphlet by Bill Mollison
- In Danger of Falling Food is the documentary based on Bill Mollison’s work with Permaculture.
- This is a unique documentary by Richard Perkins, a permaculture teacher based in Sweden. On this journey he is exploring a variety of permaculture and eco projects around the world. This offers a fresh perspective on Permaculture, Transition and eco-community living as it is today.
- The documentary by Amelia Hazelip, A Synergistic Garden. It’s a little older however it is a charming representation of a permaculture garden looking at no dig beds with an emphasis on soil health.
- Here are a number of interesting documentaries which give a great overview of permaculture.
- And finally, here is the Agro-Innovations podcast with a number interviews with permaculture and agro-regeneration innovators. Tune into the ones with Bill Mollison, Paul Stamets, Allan Savory, and Mark Shepard.
- Stefan Geyer’s 21st Permaculture Radio Interview Show is an amazing resource of the people of Permaculture and their projects. Diverse interviewees and innovative permaculture design and implementation.
Cool Free Permaculture Resources